Report a change
You must report changes within 10 days from the date of the change. This includes any change of:
- Phone number
- People who live in your household
How to report changes
There are 3 ways to report changes:
- Call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 (TTY: 1-888-221-1590).
- Log in to your account at commonhelp.virginia.gov.
For more information about how to create a Common Help account, read the section below.
- Call your local department of social services (DSS).
How to create an account at Common Help
- Go to commonhelp.virginia.gov.
- Click “Check my benefits.”
- To link your case to your Common Help account, you will need your case number and your member ID number. These numbers are on the front of the paper renewal form that came in the mail. You can also call your local DSS and ask for the two numbers.
Apply for coverage for a family member
To apply for coverage for a family member who is not now enrolled, go to Apply.
Call us at 1-855-242-8282 (TTY: 1-888-221-1590).